The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

woody's pics today

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Woodscaping?| Next thread: WooHoo! my fruit order is in. »
Back to Thread index
by woodchuck on June 17, 2006 06:43 AM
Well hera ya go:

www.photobucket.com/albums/g292/woodchuck_photos/Garden%20June%2016%202006/?sc=6

I'd like to know how some of you have put photobucket in your sig, and also how you post a single word that represents the connection.

I hope to receive some useful criticisms from you guys, this is the first setup and there is lots of room for improvement.

Thanks.
by chenno on June 17, 2006 06:51 AM
cool!!! huge garden [grin]
Very nice

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by tamara on June 17, 2006 07:38 AM
Looking good Woodchuck, do you have many problems with wildlife in your garden?

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by woodchuck on June 17, 2006 08:12 AM
Tamara;
The six foot wire fence has kept out all but birds so far. The fences' description is; 2"x4"x6' welded wire fencing, and the posts are 7' T-Posts, connected with wire clips. It took me one full day to pound in the posts with a slide hammer, my shoulders were a little sore the next day. The fencing comes in 50' rolls and took me two full days working solo. The cost was around $400 but the lifespan of this should be worth it, and only a very hungry deer will try to get over it, the coons are another matter altogether, chipmunks can get through but it's too open for their comfort, with all the hawks and falcons around, they have enough to eat in the woods. Adding chicken wire for the first two feet may be in the future if needed.
by Rosepetal on June 17, 2006 08:28 AM
Nice garden woodchuck

Love to see your pictures. Hoping my garden will be like yours soon. We are quite a bit later in our area of the world.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by LandOfOz on June 17, 2006 10:33 AM
You are growing enough to feed a small army! Wow! That makes my garden looks microscopic! And it looks fantastic, everything green and growing. Good job.

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by dodge on June 17, 2006 02:33 PM
woodchuck

Your living up to your name.......

Must be a farmer on flat land.. From another farmer, why do you plant the corn so far apart?
You must of invested in some good farming equipment.

Good job.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by woodchuck on June 17, 2006 02:44 PM
Dodge;
Thanks for the compliment, however, not a farmer by any stretch. The corn is planted 30" per the seed packets, the other spacing is where it rotted in the spring rain or I killed it with too much nitrogen, so the gaps should be filling in this weekend with new sprouts.

I wish I had a small tractor, as it is the only 'farming'equipment around here is an old 5hp PONY tiller, a hand cultivater with removable tines, rakes and shovels. The weeding is done by tiller between rows, the rest is done by hand, as was the planting. The rows are layed out by using masons string and two steel posts, and a tape-measure.
by dodge on June 18, 2006 01:48 AM
woodchuck

I admire your spunk...Your a good stable person.
Been on it for many years, and after many tillers wore out , I broke down an bought a troy built tiller. Best decision I ever made.

You would not believe how neat of a job it does.. Ps I am a lady, my Husband does the farm I do the garden....
I strongly recommend Troy builts. If the money is available.

Good Luck.. Now I understand the corn skip. Lots of crows pull out ours.. Robins too.
Good Job.
Keep going
dodge
[clappy]

-
 -
by WEEZIE on June 20, 2006 05:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by woodchuck:
I'd like to know how some of you have put photobucket in your sig, and also how you post a single word that represents the connection.

Go to you Photobucket album, and copy the URL..
Then if you go to your PROFILE/MESSAGES, click on that and scroll down to EDIT PROFILE, scroll about half way to 3/4 down and you'll see
SIGNATURE, look to the left and see a big box,
you can then PASTE your URL into there and it'll show up for you..

Anyquestions, just holler!!!

And ohhhhh my gosh, that garden is beautiful....
I love the fenced in part.... wish I had one of those..
The broccoli looks awesome too..
Now I know what to expect for size too!!!
by angelblossom on June 20, 2006 05:58 PM
WOWWWW! Woodchuck I envy the room you have to plant!! How I wish!! Everything looks good,, your pic remind me of when I was a young girl and my Aunt and Uncle grew veggies and nieces and nephews would come over to help with weeding, harvesting etc,, he did everything by hand no machinery soo the fruits of his labor truely were !! Thanks for the pic and bringing back warm and fuzzy memories! [thumb] [clappy] Plz post more pic as it progresses!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Stuspot on June 21, 2006 10:43 AM
Nice garden, woodchuck. Looks like a lot of work, I mean a lot of fun, to keep it weeded and tended.

I am wondering if you do anything special to keep the broccoli worms out? I've pretty much given up on trying to grow broccoli anymore, the worms ruined too many crops for me. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Your mulberries brought back some childhood memories for me and literally made my mouth water. [flower]
by dodge on June 21, 2006 11:58 AM
i agree.....

dodge

-
 -
by woodchuck on June 21, 2006 01:11 PM
Broccolli worms? what are they? You guys are making my head spin with all these things to consider.

The mulberries are black and fat from the rain we just had, oh, and yummy, and the kids are turning purple.

It's my decompress since I stopped coffee, beer(98%anyway), and going out, until its time to cut and split firewood anyway.

Thanks for the compliments, and the suggestions.
by dodge on June 21, 2006 01:30 PM
woodchuck,

Your on you way to sainthood......Keep up the good work.
Your kids will love you more......

She meant worms are in the broccoli..........
Now stop spinning..;o0

dodge [tongue]

-
 -
by NotMrGreenJeans on June 23, 2006 01:09 AM
Absolutely beautiful!! Ummmm, is there anything you HAVEN'T grown?? It's "picture-perfect"!! [clappy] PS...your property looks just as awesome, and what a view!! I'd love to fix up and live in that shed!! Does it have plumbing? LOL
by woodchuck on June 23, 2006 02:20 AM
Thank you, [Embarrassed]

NotMrGreenJeans;
Wellll, not pictured are cherry, apple, mulberry, walnut trees, and along the woods black-raspberries are going to bumper this year.

Yes, the brick shed has hot/cold/lpgas and floor drain lines, however they are cut in the basement of the house, and since they are all copper lines I can hook up to them real easy any time.

The brick shed is 13x19 on the inside with 8' ceiling, one 8'x7' door and one 26" door on the opp. end, also a clay/ceramic chimney in the roof for a woodstove. The floor is concrete, couple cracks but workable.
by chrissy fair on June 25, 2006 06:21 PM
I LOVE your space you have for THAT size garden!! As a city girl that has a backyard that measures, 22ft by 61ft...a quarter of your planted garden is what my backyard is TOTAL!!
This picture was taken from the edge of my back patio which is only 5ft from the house door:

http://www.lyncs.net/images/GardenSeason1RaisedBed2.jpg
by chrissy fair on June 25, 2006 06:24 PM
On second thought, I think my backyard is about 1/8 of the size of your garden... [tears]
by dodge on June 26, 2006 02:41 AM
chrissy fair,

Your have advantages I lack, like winter ,fall and spring .. ...
Comes winter, I wish, i Wish for summer......70 degrees is my favorite......
You can put pots in different sizes in that patio an have lots of fun.
[Cool] [Cool]
I do that too.
Just keep trying.. I been country all my life.
Sisters all lived in town, so i do understand.. You live easier.. I am on the farm by choice.
;o)

DOdge

-
 -
by ChillnPepper on June 26, 2006 03:10 AM
WOW!

What an awesome garden! I'm like Sarah! My lil ole garden is just a whisper in comparison..LOL!

Please do keep us all up-to-date with some more wonderful pic's! LOVE pic's! I have to live my gardener dreams through you all , ya know?! [lala]

-
"Live simply; expect little, give much...scatter sunshine."
M. J. McLeod
~Zone 8a~

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Woodscaping?| Next thread: WooHoo! my fruit order is in. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: