The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Scaly? Euonymus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Scalloped Potatoes| Next thread: Scarification Needed »
Back to Thread index
by slredmond on September 07, 2005 11:59 PM
My poor euonymus is covered with a white, dusty looking yuk and has lost a tremendous number of leaves. Even the stems are covered with it. My husband thinks it's scale. Any treatment suggestions?

Sandy R.
by slredmond on September 08, 2005 05:37 AM
Here's a couple photos
 -
 -

Sandy R.
by Dixie Angel on September 08, 2005 10:27 AM
slredmond, my aunt had those bushes planted all around her porch (wraparound) and had problems with some kind of fungus, I think. Anyway, she used Sevin dust on them for awhile and finally gave up. She had my cousin pull most of them out and has replanted with something different. I really thought the things were beautiful with their yellow and green color, but after the problems she had, I never tried them. Sorry that I can't help. Just thought I would share what I had seen.

By the way, welcome to the forum if I haven't welcomed you before. Someone with a lot more knowledge will be along shortly to help you sort your problems out, I am sure...

Dianna

-
 -
by slredmond on September 08, 2005 10:11 PM
Thanks for your feedback and for your welcome! This bush is really very large and was once gorgeous - I would hate to lose such a nice focal point. I'm going to check with my local "Dr. Plant" at the Farm Bureau to see what he recommends.

Thanks again -
Sandy

Sandy R.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Scalloped Potatoes| Next thread: Scarification Needed »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: