The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

how do you change colors?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: How do you....?| Next thread: how do you clean leaves? »
Back to Thread index
by BFVISION on May 01, 2005 03:57 PM
I have a hydrangea about two yrs old and have heard you can change the colors from pink to blue [flower] . Sounds like a great idea but how do you do it [dunno] ?

BFVISION

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by tkhooper on May 01, 2005 04:08 PM
I believe it has to do with the pH of the soil. From what I've been reading about that it takes about 6 months after treating the soil for it to actually change. I'm a beginner so I could be totally off base. Please wait for one of the experts. And good luck with your project.

-
 -
by Meg on May 01, 2005 04:15 PM
My father inlaw has one. He dumps his used coffee grounds in the dirt around it. He says that is what changes them to the blue color, and it mystifies the neighbors. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by gardenmom32210 on May 01, 2005 04:17 PM
This spot takes you step-by-step in the process of changing the color...

Changing Hydrangea Colors

Hope it helps [thumb]

G-Mom [grin]
by mike57 on May 01, 2005 08:06 PM
HI [wayey] i have used ashes from my fire place on them to make them change colors.i turnd a pink one into a blue one useing ashes.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by Jiffymouse on May 02, 2005 04:15 AM
there is one thing to remember about this though. if you want a blue (or pink) hydrangea, make sure that you get the kind that are actually changeable. there are some that cannot be changed.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: How do you....?| Next thread: how do you clean leaves? »
Back to Thread index