The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Window Boxes & Vines

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Window Boxes!| Next thread: window planter carrots? »
Back to Thread index
by RottieLover on May 01, 2005 03:19 PM
I have 2 sections of 4x4 bamboo fencing and would like to line window boxes in front of them and plants vines to cover it,my question is what vines can I plant I have morning glory,sweet pea,moonflower seeds will they work??? Thank you for your help [kissies]
by tkhooper on May 02, 2005 03:34 AM
I don't see any problem except for the possible damage to your bamboo fence. Morning Glories at least really get wound up in their support at least mine have. I had a hanging basket with chain supports and the morning glory was really in there.

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on May 02, 2005 01:29 PM
I grew morning glories and sweet peas in windowboxes on my deck railing last summer with trellises attached to the railing, and they were fine. The sweet peas didn't flower for very long, and the morning glories don't bloom here until the very end of summer (I'm also in NY), but you certainly can grow them that way.

Since I use these planters to provide some privacy on my deck, I am looking for vines that will have better leaves and flowers this year.

Any suggestions?

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by tkhooper on May 02, 2005 02:10 PM
This site has a lot of information about vines on it.

Vines

You might find something that will fit here.

-
 -
by tamara on May 02, 2005 02:38 PM
Scarlet runner beans, the flowers are beautiful and you get to eat the beans.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by phoenix on May 02, 2005 09:16 PM
[wayey] everybody
i have dwarf morning glories which cascade over the edge of the hanging basket they are in(you can purchase seed pack from home depot) they look nice hanging,sorry, cascading [Wink] over the sides.
they dont require support-they are non climbing [thumb]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Window Boxes!| Next thread: window planter carrots? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: