The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spider mites

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Spider cuttings| Next thread: Spider Mites? »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 31, 2005 01:25 AM
I have an infestation in my kitchen of these little buggers. I thought I had gotten rid of it but I guess not. I got rid of the infested plant and washed everything down and then planted something new. And now the new plant has spider mites. How do I get rid of them permenantly so nothing else gets infested.
by The Plant Doc on August 01, 2005 10:26 AM
Inside your home??? OUCH!!!

If possible take the infected plants outside and treat them with Orthene. Do NOT use this inside your house, it STINKS!!!, as far as any of the remainders.... Maybe a bug bomb but that is just a guess. They took away all the good interior miticides. If it is still legal in your state Kelthane was the best.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by tkhooper on August 01, 2005 02:46 PM
thanks mike

I appreciate the information.
by Cricket on August 01, 2005 04:52 PM
Tammy, treating for spider mites with a soapy water solution should get rid of them. It is important to throughly spray all the leaf and stem surfaces, being sure to get into every nook and cranny. And don't forget the undersides of leaves! You may have to repeat the procedure in a few days to ensure you got all these microscopic pests. Soapy water is only effective when it is in direct contact with pests so thoroughness is key. Good luck.

Cricket

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spider cuttings| Next thread: Spider Mites? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: