The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Shrub Rose Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: shrub identification| Next thread: Shrub Roses »
Back to Thread index
by TheGardenerGuy on May 01, 2005 02:59 AM
Hi.... [wayey]
I bought a shrub rose the other day and planted it into a pot and sat it on my porch. [flower]
I looked out yesterday and the tops were already wilting.. [Frown] I watered it and did not disturb the roots. [dunno]
Any thoughts on this? [thinker]
Greg [gabby] [lala] [angel]

-  -
In the midst of the storm..I find the greatest Peace. I don't know what tomorrow holds..but i know Who holds tomorrow. [angel]
by JV on May 01, 2005 03:23 AM
Try again to post:
Greg does the place you bought this Rose normaly have healthy plants, did Rose get dropped or get too hold or cold on way home,Does the pot drain good. [dunno] I know these are only question but I have found if I ask myself a lot of questions I can narrow down what could be wrong. I normally have some wilt when I replant any flower.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by Barb Illinois Zone 5 on May 03, 2005 07:20 AM
Hi, Greg!
Sorry to hear about your rose problem. It sounds as though it may have a bit of transplant shock but we've also had some really cold, unseasonable weather here too. That may be the cause for wilt.
If the plant is in a clay pot, the soil may be drying out too quickly. You might want to try keeping it in a semi-shaded, wind protected area for a few days while keeping track of the soil moisture. If it perks back up, fine; if not, and you bought it from a reputable nursery ask for their advice.

-
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: shrub identification| Next thread: Shrub Roses »
Back to Thread index