The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

having problems with my little avocado tree...HELP

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by ravinjuggalette on July 11, 2005 12:41 PM
I grew an avocado tree from a pit about one year ago. it has been doing well...I think. It will sprout 3-5 leaves off the top of the stalk, they will dry up and drop off, the tree will grow an inch and then repeat the process. The stem is now about 2 1/2 feet tall.

recently, the tree dropped all of it's leaves and has not replaced them. The tip of the stalk is turning black and withering off. The rest of the stalk is still bright green, though the blackness seems to be progressing down the stalk.

Help!!! What can I do to save my tree? I was so proud of the fact that I grew an avocado tree from the pit and now it's dying! Can it be saved?
It is an indoor plant, right by a window. I try not to over water and it has fertilizer pellets in the soil. Am I doing something wrong?
by mike57 on July 11, 2005 09:25 PM
HI [wayey] ravinjuggalette it sounds like you might have over watered it [dunno] .heres a link i found for you on growing avocadotrees.
http://www.avocadotrees.com/planting_and_grow.htm
hope it helps and good luck with it your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by ravinjuggalette on July 13, 2005 06:02 PM
Thanks...Do you think it can be saved?

Should I repot it, or put it outside briefly to dry out...

What can I do to save it and what should I do if it does have root rot? Thanks

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: