The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Lack of blooming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by RLR on July 07, 2005 02:16 AM
Anyone know why my cosmos, hydranga, morning glories, and sweet pea vine are not blooming? I've tried miracle grow bloom booster???
by floweraddict on July 07, 2005 12:07 PM
Are they getting enough sun?

I've learned from past experiences that i used too much fertilizer... i got a lot of green, but no flowers. That happened to me with hollyhocks and cosmos.
Comos likes infertile soil; so, it shouldn't need anything. They grow like "weeds" in my garden from seed deposited the season before.

Bob
 -
by atreus on July 12, 2005 10:56 PM
Are they all in relative proximity to one another?
And have you noticed any plants failing? Especially in pots or greenhouses?

http://www.atreusonline2.com/garden.php
by RLR on July 14, 2005 02:21 AM
I have clumps of them here and there. Do you think they might be too close? And my hydranga looks very healthy but just no flowers!!! I have only used soil acidifier on it and cow manure, no other fertilizer.
by atreus on July 15, 2005 07:44 AM
Did you have a particularly nasty winter?

Sometimes some of these plants can fail to bloom after a nasty winter.

Otherwise I'm a bit lost....

http://www.atreusonline2.com/garden.php
by cirv on July 18, 2005 01:22 AM
Yes, I have been having much the same problem and don't know why. I have a hydrangea that puts out leaves w/out flowers. I was writing to find out why my morning glories were so slow to get started this year. They have re-seed themselves but are only a few inches high. I don't feed them and they get little water. It has been extremely hot and dry here this summer.
by traz on July 20, 2005 12:58 AM
Greetings, all! My nextdoor neighbor's wondering what's causing her potted morning glories' foliage (western exposure)to turn yellow, starting just above the soil and working upward, leaf by leaf. It's been very hot and dry here in OK City. It hasn't rained in over a week. She gives them lots of water.

howDEE!

Active Garden Forum