The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

chipmunks

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Chinese Yellow Banana| Next thread: Chipmunks and moles »
Back to Thread index
by Fernie on June 15, 2005 05:46 AM
a friend of mine asked me how to keep chipmunks from burrowing around her squash vines. They don't live there, they just burrow and it kills the vines. The only info I've found said the only way to stop them is to live trap and release at least 5 miles away. Anyone else have a good repellant for chipmunks?

-
 -

- GO DAWGS!  -
by weezie13 on June 15, 2005 10:49 AM
Are they sure it's a chipmunk???
Discribe what they're doing to kill the vine..
Could be squash bugs or squash vine bores???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by mike57 on June 15, 2005 03:53 PM
sounds like moles to me.it has happened to me moles will dig and eat the roots off your squash vines.are they leaveing holes in around the squash hills? i had to dig a circle around mine and put hardware cloth or rabbit wire abought 10 inches deep around the hills to stop them from eating the roots theres also a product that you can put down the holes to ride them from your garden.moles will come in any freshly dug soil looking for food like veggie roots or flower bulbs.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by tkhooper on June 15, 2005 09:22 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to plant those crown imperials and other rodent repelant plants in and around the veggies. I'm trying to figure out why the squirrel has such a thing for the moss roses it's wierd he leaves everything else alone.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Chinese Yellow Banana| Next thread: Chipmunks and moles »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: