The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tomato flowers!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: tomato end rot| Next thread: Tomato Freeze? »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on May 18, 2006 06:40 AM
holy moly! i checked on my plants just now and picked off a few baby suckers and noticed i have flowers starting to form on my tomatoes! yippee! i started them indoors probably end of feb and just planted them in the garden last weekend! woohoo- i am so excited!
by johnCT on May 18, 2006 06:45 AM
Cool. What variety is it that's flowering?

John - Zone 6
by pagarden on May 18, 2006 12:56 PM
i planted cherry tomatoes, yellow pears and 4 of july's. i think it's the 4 of julys that are starting to form flower buds!
by elkwc36 on May 18, 2006 01:29 PM
Pagarden I noticed last night I had blooms on some of mine started about the same time. Most of mine are on the Goliath's for now. Jay
by pagarden on May 18, 2006 03:26 PM
cool! i am so excited to have tomatoes that actually have taste! not like the cardboard ones we get in the stores all winter....
by johnCT on May 19, 2006 01:37 AM
Sounds like the fourth of July's might live up to their name. [thumb]

John - Zone 6
by Tamara from Minnesota on May 19, 2006 12:17 PM
I actually have a Brandywine with flowers already. [clappy] I planted on May 7th which is early for this area, but I used wall o waters and planted on the south side of my house. The plants are growing so fast. The holes have epsom salt, egg shells, fertilizer and are filled with compost. [thumb] I am trying to avoid blight by not planting in the garden.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: tomato end rot| Next thread: Tomato Freeze? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: