The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

caring for newly separated babies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Caring for ice cream tree advice| Next thread: Carly and Wheezie.. »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on April 28, 2005 03:50 PM
This is my very first time trying to take a root sibling away from its family. It is the spikemoss and I took the plant farthest from the parent so I didn't have to contend with severing roots on both sides. It has a long taproot. Longer than the plant is tall actually. And a few hairlike roots. I've transplanted it in the tub it will travel in with good drainage.

The plant outside fends for itself and does really well. But I'm wondering how to deal with the baby before I ship it. It's in much richer soil than it is used to having. Should I water it more than it is used to or let it go dry like it does outside?

-
 -
by JV on April 30, 2005 03:32 PM
[wayey] Tammy I am no expert on this subject but the way people have sent me rooted plants is they get them wet in some of the soil they are planted in. Wrap in wet newspaper place in plastic bag to seal so it wont leak. Place in mailing envelope that is plastic lined and seal so it doesnt leak I use a lot of shipping tape [Big Grin] .
This is how I have been sent rooted plants and I send them this way also.
Good Luck
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Caring for ice cream tree advice| Next thread: Carly and Wheezie.. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: