The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

HELP! My mum looks like it's dying!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Help! I'm going crazy!| Next thread: Help! Scale infestation! »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on May 11, 2005 12:12 AM
My mums have been showing green for awhile now, and growing quite a bit. I recently cut them back a little, so they wouldn't bud too early. The kept on growing.. and now, all of a sudden, in a day's time, my biggest, nicest mum, is looking bad! The center of it looks like it's suddenly rotted or something. What's going on? Can I fix this or save it!?

-

-

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Meg on May 13, 2005 02:29 AM
I'm losing more.. please, does anyone have any ideas why they'd suddenly wilt & look like they are decomposing at the base?? They aren't sitting in any kind of wetness, I water occasionally, and it's breif. They were thriving, this is sudden. More photos..

-

one piece that just fell off (what most are doing)
 -

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by RugbyHukr on May 13, 2005 06:50 AM
BACTERIAL BLIGHT

This disease is caused by Erwinia chrysanthemi.

The most pronounced symptom is a rot of the upper part of the stem, resulting in wilt and collapse of the distal portion. Infected cuttings may show a brown to black decay at their bases. Occasionally, the only symptom is a marginal leaf scorch.

Prevention and Treatment: Soil in which diseased plants grew should be pasteurized with heat before reuse. Use cuttings that are disease-free, or dip cuttings for 4 hours in solutions of antibiotics such as streptomycin or aureomycin.

credit to Clemson Univ.

mum help

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by RugbyHukr on May 13, 2005 06:53 AM
P.S. you should disinfect you clippers between plants. So that you don't cross-contaminate.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help! I'm going crazy!| Next thread: Help! Scale infestation! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: