The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Earthworms and Agro Soke

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Amber J on May 07, 2005 04:57 AM
Hello,

I have used agro soke as a part of my soil (does anyone know if that's a bad idea? I love the stuff - I'm in AZ). I just bought some earthworms and I know they eat through the soil. Does anyone know if they will ingest the agrosoke, and if they do, will it hurt them? Thanks!!
by Longy on May 09, 2005 04:40 PM
I use water crystals in my pots and vege garden. The vege patch is teeming with earthworms. A veritable plethora of the dark loving subterrainean soil eating little blighters . So i don't reckon they'll mind the crystals. I doubt they'd actually eat them but you never know. They might once they start to break down. The crystals are a polymer. (read plastic)

I've often wondered though, if there were any potential negative effects for we humans so you gave me the impetus to research this.

I found this website which suggests they are non-carcinogenic, which is always a bonus, may cause respiratory problems if inhaled and can cause a skin reaction through contact.
So wear gloves and use in a well ventilated area.

The MSDS sheets are here too if you wanna have a look.
http://www.watercrystals.com/MSDS.htm

Thanks for the urge to research Amber.
by Jiffymouse on May 10, 2005 04:19 AM
thanks for doing the research on that longy. i was wondering too, but my web surfing seems to be confined to here these days!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: