The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dust Mites and Aphids

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Duranta Questions| Next thread: Dusty Miller »
Back to Thread index
by RLR on April 25, 2005 08:56 PM
Are dust mites, mites and aphids the same thing? What is the difference between them, and any common household products that will kill them?
by RugbyHukr on April 26, 2005 07:09 AM
Dust mites are a parasite that feeds off of shed human skin. There is no way to free your home of them. Ther are millions on your body, right now.

Spider mites are arachnids (as are dust mites) that feed on the fluids within your plants. You can use a spray on miteicide, but they usually stink. I prefer a systemic applied to the soil. This, basiclly, puts poison in the plants' "blood". So the "suckers" die.

Aphids 'Homoptera:Aphididae' are terrible "gang" pests. They show up in droves. Use an aphid spray or release lady bugs in the general area. They prey on aphids; they love to eat them, so do not worry that they will fly away.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by RLR on April 27, 2005 08:18 PM
What brand or kind of systematic soil treatment do you recommend?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Duranta Questions| Next thread: Dusty Miller »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: