The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

centipedes in house plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: centipedes in house plants| Next thread: Century Plant »
Back to Thread index
by jbo on April 15, 2005 06:25 PM
I recently bought a house plant, I don't know what it is, kinda looks like a fern or palm. When I watered it about a week after buying it, centipedes started coming out of it! Help! I don't want bugs in my house (right now it's on the balcony), but I really like this plant. What can I do?
by Jiffymouse on April 20, 2005 11:26 PM
Jbo, I posted a reply to a similar problem a few days ago. What I have done successfully with pests of any kind in my plants is to take a 5 gallon bucket (if the plant is small enough) and sit the plant down in it. Then I fill the bucket up with room temp water (I use well water) until it is over the top of the soil. Then I leave the plant there for about an hour or so, long enough to drown the critters, then I take it out of the bucket and put it in the bathtub or shower (or on the deck, porch, or where ever you don’t mind the water) to drain well. So far that has kept ants, slugs, and any other critters that might have hitched a ride on my tropicals while I have them outside. Makes bringing them in at the end of summer much easier!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: centipedes in house plants| Next thread: Century Plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: