The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hardy hibiscus,preferred light

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by adirondack on April 27, 2005 02:44 AM
what exposure, amount of sunlight/ day;ight should it receive?
i forgot... [dunno]

-
Take time to enjoy life,especially the natural/simple things.
We only have one life to live,we weren't put here to stress out.
by Sheri&Kiki on April 27, 2005 04:41 AM
The hibiscus needs full sun to grow properly. If you put it in the sun, I've noticed it grows a lot faster and fuller, too. [wayey] [Confused]

-
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
by Already Fuzzy on April 27, 2005 05:56 PM
My blooms are substantially larger on plants in full sun areas.
by phoenix on April 27, 2005 06:22 PM
i have a question about my hibiscus, i know they dont come back unitl early/mid summer, but....i cut it way back right to the ground almost itlooked dead. did i make a mistake by cutting it back? [dunno]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by mike57 on April 27, 2005 08:05 PM
HI [wayey] i dont think you made a mistake you live in zone 5 so it just might not be time for them to put on new growth.i live in zone 7 and mine just started to come up last week.just give them time i think you will be ok with them.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by JV on April 29, 2005 01:42 PM
My Luna Blush and Luna Red Hibiscus came back up about two weeks ago now are about eight inch tall. Have two hardy's still no sign of life but should come back around middle of May till end of June. don't give up hope yet I am in zone 7 bordering zone 8. [flower]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by phoenix on April 29, 2005 07:50 PM
thank you all,
i won't give up hope.i thought it was lost so i planted some seeds around the "stump" so i will have to see if i need to move anything once the hibiscus comes back and the seeds sprout.
thanx again [thumb]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: