The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

MOLD PROBLEM!!! HELP QUICK!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: mold on plants| Next thread: molding »
Back to Thread index
by Tipster_Chad on May 01, 2006 06:44 AM
Hey guys!!!! Three days ago, I started many of my veggies indoors. Overnight last night, a few of my plants came up. But they are covered in big, hairy mold!!!! What do I do??? The plants are under a plastic "dome", and I was hoping to leave it on until a few more plants came up... should I still take it off?

-Sarah ZONE 5

"But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully"
2nd Corinthians 9:6
by melcon6 on May 01, 2006 06:48 AM
Take it off quick! As soon as one or two sprout you have to take the cover off for air! Just leave the fuzz alone and hopefully they'll dry out. Don't worry the rest will come up, the cover just helps the process along, you don't really need it. If they are in separate pots you can simply remove the ones that have sprouted.

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Tipster_Chad on May 01, 2006 07:37 AM
Thanks a bunch!!! I'm gonna go take the cover off of them right now! They aren't in seperate pots, unfortunatly, but I can see that the other plants are starting to "push up" the dirt already, so it shouldn't be too long before they come up too. THANKS AGAIN!!! -Sarah

-Sarah ZONE 5

"But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully"
2nd Corinthians 9:6

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: mold on plants| Next thread: molding »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: