The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

PAGING WIEZZIEL!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Paece plant| Next thread: Painted Lady on Lavender »
Back to Thread index
by Danno on April 28, 2006 12:35 PM
lol you seem to be the guy to talk to on composting. I've read your guide on composting on this site, and i have only one question. if i get a compost pile going this year in particular. . can i bag/contain the compost once its decomposed? and use it next year is what i'm getting at. . .
by weezie13 on April 29, 2006 09:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
lol you seem to be the guy to talk to on composting.
I'm a girl [Smile] [Wink] but have always considered myself one of the guys! [thumb] [muggs]

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
I've read your guide on composting on this site.
Bill's got alot of info on Composting..
Here on his main pages of the site....

quote:
and i have only one question. if i get a compost pile going this year in particular. . can i bag/contain the compost once its decomposed? and use it next year is what i'm getting at. . .
Yes, by allllll means.. get it going now,
scraps from the kitchen, spring clean up...
new grass clippings, etc., etc....
I do alot of composting, with 7 bins, and I still don't have enough room...so, I do take mine out, even maybe if it's just not completely done..
bag it up with the industrial weight bags, *do your self a favor and buy the toughest one's you can find.. don't skim or buy cheaper ones'... if you have any pointy object it'll poke out and rip the entire bag, or when you drag it to where you're going, it doesn't make it, or you just can't even pick them up the weight does it in..*

And then just store it, in an out of the way area..
**I do keep mine in the sun and I make sure I get black bags, to optimize sun's rays to heat up and finish composting down inside..**

I also for the last few years have been then bringing a bag or two that's ready to sift by spring down into my basement, then come spring,
I can pull it out and it's not frozen...
And then I can sift it in the spring time, when it's still chilly out... and not work up a gigando sweat sifting, and I'm doing something when it wouldn't be much to do around the garden anyways, and I have to sift ALOT OF COMPOST...

Works out great for me....

Did you start a compost pile????? [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Danno on May 02, 2006 03:41 AM
hey sorry for the delay wiez. .

no i havent started a compost pile yet. I stupidly decided to do a garden AFTER THE FACT that i took all my spring cleaning leaves to the local drop off place for yard waste [Smile]

So i have a few friends that are going to let me come rake up their lawn and rob them of their preciouse leaves so i can get one going for next year [Smile] But i have PLENTY of grass clippings lol!
by weezie13 on May 02, 2006 04:02 AM
Get 'er goin'!!!
Anytime is a good time to start one...

I have to sift one of mine as soon as I get outside..
Gotta make one more seed making mix wheelbarrow and getting to be the time to be making up the potting soil wheelbarrow one too....

Always behind here...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Paece plant| Next thread: Painted Lady on Lavender »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: