The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

TWISTED/CORKSCREW WILLOW TREES

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Twinkles| Next thread: Two Butterflies and a Rose »
Back to Thread index
by ARMADILLO on July 04, 2005 09:34 AM
HELLO,
NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE CORRECT Forum to place this question but anywhooo,
I have several twisted willows and they are way out of control and need a bit of pruning. I would like to transfer the cuttings to my friends yard. I do need to trim a few limbs that are about 4" inch aound. Woulld they make it if I did this or only the smaller cutting propegate?thanksj

JK
by MaryReboakly on July 04, 2005 10:23 AM
Hey JK, I'm not sure about your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can help you out. I just wanted to say hi and welcome!

-
 -
by mike57 on July 04, 2005 12:59 PM
HI [wayey] JK i would think only the small cuttings would root for you. use rooting hormone on your cuttings. it provides nutrents to the cuttings till they start to root.i think the big limbs would not root becaues the growth above would require more water and nutrents than the soil could give them.root your cuttings in the shade so they dont burn up from the hot sun. hope this helps your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by ARMADILLO on July 05, 2005 09:48 PM
Hello,
and thanks for the info. Ok, what if I wait until fall and put the larger stocks in water and a lil moist soil in my pump house? Then in spring plant...? I just have this thing about killing a really beautiful part of a tree.Oh one more ? how about horse manure in my veggie garden? My horses give me alot of it so I need to find a way to rejuvenate it. love the happy faces!!! thanks again.

JK

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Twinkles| Next thread: Two Butterflies and a Rose »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: