The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

upside down tomatoes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: upside down tomatoe plant| Next thread: Upside-down Tomatoes »
Back to Thread index
by davida580 on April 20, 2006 10:32 AM
has any one tried doing their tomatoes like that? i saw it on the internet so i made a container for one with a 5 gallon bucket. just guessing how to do it. if anyone has done it before please let me know how it does and if their are any special needs for it thanks.
by ChristinaC on April 20, 2006 10:41 AM
Check out page 2 of this forum...there's a thread about upside down tomatoes.

-
 -
by Shawn M on April 20, 2006 09:09 PM
I'm in the same boat...I really like the idea of the upside down, but am wondering what would be a good vegetable to use for the top? Where I plan to hang everything I will only have a couple of feet above.

Any ideas? I am thinking a heat tolerant type of vegetable.

I'm definitly going to try this out, so I will be sharing my "progress", but hopefully a few experienced folks can lend some advice.

Shawn
by Xetox on April 22, 2006 04:15 AM
Here is also a good link of instructions, hope this helps.

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/tomato2.html

-
I hate those dang rabbits [Smile]
by angelblossom on April 22, 2006 05:23 AM
Davida 580 There is a thread My grandsons and I posted picture step by step in planting upside down tomatoes I finally have a bloom on one I also underestimated how heavy the bucket were and ended up Tying a rope to a pole to a shephards Hook LOL to hold it up so be sure to place it on something extremely sturdy!!! you can see this thread under "upsidedown tomatoes plants (roma)" .. This is not to say this is the only way as this is an experiment for me as well, how it turns out this year will determine if I do it again next year,,, I do Have one planted in the ground and it is now 5 times bigger then those in the bucket I planted them all at the same time and were the same size so go figure [dunno] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: upside down tomatoe plant| Next thread: Upside-down Tomatoes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: