The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

It worked

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: It survived!!!| Next thread: italian parsley »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on June 04, 2005 01:52 PM
The layer raised bed worked it is loam and really black and crumbly and sooooooo easy to work. The one thing I could have done better is made it in the sun lol. So I still have to dig the weeds out of a sunny patch for the tomatoes and probably the garlic as well.

Anyway I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that taught me how to do that. Every foot of weeds I don't have to pull out by the roots is a blessing.
by Carly on June 08, 2005 03:10 PM
Congrats - I just did one with some railway ties I got. I put some cosmos in it. It only raised it about 6 inches, but still it's better than the scrub that was there.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Bestofour on June 17, 2005 09:33 AM
can you guys post pictures?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by Carly on June 19, 2005 11:25 PM
OK - my cosmos square isn't anything to speak of right now, but here is how I did it. There was a dead tree that was just a big twig with twigs coming off it - I finally gave up on the thing and let Jeff cut it down.

It was legal - not over 12 inches in diameter. So we broke up the branches, put the log on the south lot for me to do something with it, then went about cleaning up the branches - ugh.

I took the small railway ties I got from a renovation around the corner, put them together in a square and filled in some mulch, then garden soil and put five packs of cosmo seeds in . . .

-

that log I mentioned is going to go toward making a raised mulch place. Wierd, I know, but I'm attracted to those thorny plants that come up - the ones that go grey and hard and look something like a groundsel of some kind? Really ugly, but I love watching them grow. Well, I'm thinking of putting them in the bend of the fence on the south lot.

I don't know if I have a pic of this - it's a particularly messy place.

No - looks like I didn't take any of that. No reason to do so right now anyway.

Maybe I'll give this project priority this week and do some 'how to' pics as I go.

-
by tkhooper on June 21, 2005 09:28 AM
I'm sorry sheri there really isn't anything to take a picture of. As I stated I had it in a shady spot and needed it in a sunny spot so I weeded the sunny spot and then took the good soil from the spot where I had done the raised bed and put it where I planted the tomatoes. I put a picture of the tomatoes in the veggy section in ninny's post but it doesn't show the soil. I would if I could. Sorry.

-
 -
by Francine on July 18, 2005 12:09 PM
congrats tammy,

when you get some pix,we d like to see it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/
by Carly on July 19, 2005 12:34 PM
Looks like I lost my picture. Might have expired or maybe I deleted the jpg from the server by accident.

Ah! I know - somebody that works for the server (Image Shack) doesn't like weeds and got sick of looking at mine.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: It survived!!!| Next thread: italian parsley »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: