The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cilantro

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: CILANTRO?| Next thread: Cilantro/Corriander Seed Harvesting »
Back to Thread index
by lakegran on April 18, 2006 10:19 PM
I had my first veggie garden last year and loved everything about the process. I wasn't able to get cilantro to grow for me I probably started it a little late.( kind of an afterthought lol)
I am thinking about a small raised bed with just herbs and specialty lettuces, would cilantro do well there? Anyone grow it on a regular basis? I could be grateful for any advice. I am in southern Michigan.

-
by tkhooper on April 18, 2006 10:27 PM
I grew it last year and it was no problem at all. My "soil" is mostly clay and on the acidic side. Have you done your soil test yet?

-
 -
by lakegran on April 18, 2006 11:02 PM
No I will have to surf around this site a little to find out how to go about doing that. I am going to need a LOT of advice about a lot of differant issues. I will try to improve my little garden each year. Last year I had great success with hot peppers, zuchini, eggplant, spinach,cherry tomatoes,pole beans, butternut squash, and tomatoes until about 1 month into the tomato season when my plants ( like many many others in the area) lost all their leaves and blossems. While we had a lot of yummy tomatoes early, the end of the season was very dissapointing

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: CILANTRO?| Next thread: Cilantro/Corriander Seed Harvesting »
Back to Thread index