The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Apartment raised Quinaults?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Apartment Quinault Strawberries| Next thread: apartment veggies »
Back to Thread index
by KelleeBean17 on April 17, 2006 02:09 PM
Hey,

Well, I've posted in the 'pot/container' section and have checked through 'strawberries' search results... so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. Here's the situation, I live in a small second floor apartment (zone 5) and impulsively bought a box of 10 Quinault plants. I've taken care of dracaena and a variety of indoor plants for years... and have the itch to plant outside. Only problem is that I don't have any land or garden area. Do you guys think an east facing window box or west facing small raised bed (under an over hang, though) would house successful plants? I know these are supposed to be planted a foot apart, so I definitely won't be able to use all of the plants in the box (should I save the unused ones?) Anyway, I'd like to hear what y'all have to say - even if its 'scrap the idea.'

Thanks!
-Kelly
by SpringFever on April 17, 2006 08:52 PM
I think they would grow fine.
Strawberries according to some info I just got will grow just about any where. http://www.thegardenhelper.com/strawberries.html

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by KelleeBean17 on April 20, 2006 07:13 AM
I've purchased a small strawberry pot to put out front (facing west). I could not find any window planters with U-hooks to hook over my window sill.

We'll see how it goes.
Thanks again,
Kel

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Apartment Quinault Strawberries| Next thread: apartment veggies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: