The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Coffee grinds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: coffee bean color| Next thread: COFFEE GROUNDS »
Back to Thread index
by Ivy9 on April 14, 2006 03:15 AM
Hi
Has anybody used coffee grinds as fertilizer?Which plants can take them and which don't?
by fespo on April 14, 2006 09:03 AM
I just started to use coffee grinds this year, I stop at starbucks everyday after work and they save me a big bag full everyday. I would guess it about 10-15 pounds of grounds a day. I have a large garden that i have add wood ash, compost, horse manure and fresh coffee grounds. I will see what happens this year. [nutz]
by BabyRose on April 14, 2006 09:52 AM
A woman told me a couple of years ago when I bought my Peony to put coffee grinds on it and it would make it bloom better. I tried it last year and I did have some big beautiful blooms, whereas it didn't bloom the year before. So, I'll be doing it again this year!
by comfrey on April 14, 2006 11:06 AM
Wood ashes around peonies will do about the same thing as the coffe grounds

-
 -
by Frann on April 15, 2006 02:50 AM
I've used coffee grinds on nearly all of my houseplants (haven't tried it with cactus yet) and they all seem to love it. I haven't tried it on any garden vegetables yet, but will this season. The grinds are high in nitrogen, so they act like a slow-release fertilizer.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: coffee bean color| Next thread: COFFEE GROUNDS »
Back to Thread index