The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

How to keep cats out of seedlings

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Tamara from Minnesota on April 07, 2006 10:04 AM
I start much less seedlings now a days since I have cat problems, but still I have 2 trays for now with covers that are snapped on with those paper clip things. I always have the same problem: the seedlings grow too tall and I have to remove the covers. Also this morning one of my cats was sitting on top of the cover. I yelled at her and she knocked it all down. [Mad] So any ideas? I give them cat grass to eat but they still like to dig around etc. I can't start onions or peppers at all since they chew those no matter what I do. [dunno] Does anyone have a solution?

No getting rid of the cats is not a solution BTW. Not these cuties.
 -

-
by Triss on April 07, 2006 10:13 AM
I am guessing there is not a closet or room you can keep them out of and keep your plants in?

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by comfrey on April 08, 2006 10:51 AM
I know how it is with cats...I have 7 indoors and two of the seven are kittens. Is there anyway you can barricade off your plants from the kitties??? Example: I have shelfs that I have put metal grates from like the oven or frig, In front of the selves, to keep cats away from things, Plastic child gates will work also, you have to use your imagination...Just make you a cat prooff area around your plants.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: