The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

eggs benedict breakfast

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Eggplant recipe needed| Next thread: Elderberry Caterpillars »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 09:05 PM
My favorite breakfast

Eggs benedict
Cantalope slices
Favorite fruit juice
Milk Coffee or Tea

Eggs benedict

1 english muffin/can substitute thick sliced sour dough bread.
2 slices canadian bacon/thinly sliced ham is just as good
2 poached eggs/these can be done in the microwave instead if you can have butter in your diet.
Hollandaise sauce

Toast the english muffin/sour dough bread lightly. Heat up the canadian bacon/ham. Poach eggs or using a microwave safe baking cup, butter sides and bottom, crack the egg carefully so you don't break the yolk, Then lightly prick the egg yolk with a fork 2 or 3 times. Place in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on high. Time is dependent on the wattage of your microwave.
build the eggs benedict starting with the bread then canadian bacon then egg then sauce. For garnish I like mint or parsley.

Hollandaise Sauce

1 stick butter]
3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch dry mustard or cayenne
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Melt the butter (DO NOT BROWN). Place all the other ingredients in a blender and mix. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter. Season to taste. Must be kept warm until used.

substitute for hollandaise sauce/white sauce

2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup milk
Pinch pepper

melt butter add flour mix with a wire whip add the milk slowly stirring with the whip constantly until slightly thickened. Add pepper to taste. Pour over egg preparation.

Sprinkle with paparika for color. optional

Half cantalope and scoop out seeds. Slice into eights and serve with the eggs benedict.

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on April 13, 2005 07:17 AM
Tk...my husband is just about as "country" as they come but when we went on our cruise they served eggs benedict in one of the restraunts and I talked him in to trying it. It is now his VERY favorite breakfasts.(next to chocolate gravy & biscuits) [Big Grin]

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by tkhooper on April 14, 2005 02:36 PM
I understand that. What patriotic american would order eggs "benedict"...until of course they had tried it. It either sounds fancy smancy or unpatriotic. What really made me happy is when I found out how easy it is to make at home. Most of the restuants I used to go to would serve it for a time and then take it off of the menu lol.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Eggplant recipe needed| Next thread: Elderberry Caterpillars »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: