The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rosemary

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Rose-of-Sharon| Next thread: rosemary »
Back to Thread index
by Catcrissy on August 16, 2005 10:47 AM
I'm new to this gardening forum....I was searching the internet for info. about Rosemary, and came upon this forum. I live in Texas, and have a lot of Rosemary plants growing off a brick wall around my swimming pool. They look wonderful, except for one large one, and it suddenly has dead spots on many of the limbs and looks terrible. I'm so afraid that whatever it has will spread to my other healthy looking Rosemary. I don't know whether to cut it back or what......... any advice?
Thanks..... Catcrissy
by Pamela Joy on August 17, 2005 03:47 AM
Hi there Catcrissy, I have grown Rosemary for years as I use it for cooking, great with Lamb especially, lovely flavour. Now and then you will get some die back but it is fine to cut it out as the plants do get a bit woody when they are older. I am cutting mine all the time for culinary use, and I have both trailing and upright plants. Hope this is a help. Happy gardening days, Pam.
by Catcrissy on August 17, 2005 08:55 AM
Thanks Pam..... I'll cut out the dead parts of my plant. I'm sure hoping that it lives.....it was so pretty! Catcrissy
by weezie13 on August 17, 2005 11:05 AM
Catcrissy,
Just wanted to send you a quick HELLO
and to Welcome you to The Garden Helper's Forum...
but I also wanted to let you know that I
was going to move your post down into.....
HERBS SECTION.....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by 4Ruddy on August 24, 2005 11:22 AM
Catcrissy...be sure and look at your plants when you cut them back to see if there is anything on them. I have grown rosemary for years and never have had a problem till this year...and parts of the limbs were turning brown....when I looked closer...there was a "frothy" spec on each of the brown places. So, when I posted the problem here...I found out I had spittle bugs...yep, sure enough!!!I couldn't actually see the "bug" because it is burried in the frothy stuff....this was a new one for me.
Pamela Joy...I didn't know there was such a thing as trailing rosemary...now I am very intrigued! Can you post a pic of yours? I am anxious to see it!!!!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by bltlger on December 10, 2005 09:08 AM
Hi, I have a small Rosemary Bush, I just bought it and have inside. This week a whole section turned brown. Where can i find out the basic care instructions. I love to cook with and the the fragrance just welcomes you into my home.

Thank you.
by 4Ruddy on December 16, 2005 06:38 AM
I have lot of trouble keeping my Rosemary in the house...it just does not like it or do well inside. Can you not pant yours outside? Right now would not be a good time..but if you could get a bush established outside..then you would always have it readily available. You can look in the herb section on this sight for basic care and instructions.

~V~

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by tkhooper on December 21, 2005 11:30 PM
I'd need a miracle to grow rosemary. It just will not grow for me.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rose-of-Sharon| Next thread: rosemary »
Back to Thread index