The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Traditional Cure For Abdominal Bloating and Stomach Pains

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Traditional Borscht| Next thread: Trailing Roses »
Back to Thread index
by herbals on December 01, 2005 01:50 AM
Ajwain (Ajowan or Carum Copticum) extract: 0.200 gms.

Pudina (Mint) extract: 0.050 gms.

Clove oil: 0.002 ml.

Camphor: 0.400 gms.

Eucalyptus Oil: to make 1 ml.

Ajowan (Ajwain) is a very effective herb for relieving indigestion flatulence, and spasmodic disorders.

Mint extracts have excellent carminative and digestive properties. They provide quick natural relief from stomachache, gas and indigestion without any side effects.

Camphor, in small doses camphor warms the stomach, stimulates secretion, increases peristalsis, and expels flatus.

Clove oil stimulates peristalsis.

When combined in predetermined proportions, they present a POWERFUL concoction that works wonders on stomach health.

How it works

A few drops of Amritdhara help normalize the peristaltic movements - a major cause of stomach discomfort. It is effective in healing stomach bloating and stomach heaviness caused by excessive gas formation.

Directions for use:

For stomach pains, stomach gas or indigestion, add 3-4 drops of herbal Amritdhara to lukewarm water and drink. May be taken thrice a day or even hourly in case of acute cases.

For greater effect, the Amritdhara drops may be added to a decoction of fennel seeds (saunf).

Soon after intake, you should experience a relief in symptoms such as an urge to release stomach gas, or a subsiding of stomach pains and abdominal bloating.

The most important benefit is the absence of any side effect when taken in recommended dosage. It should not effect the body adversely. However, in the extreme unlikely event of an undesired effect, please discontinue use.
by Wizzard on December 11, 2005 05:00 AM
you wouldnt happen to know the doses for fresh herbs would you? i have many stomach pains, and would be interested in growing an herpal "tums" and "gas x" thanx in advance for any help. great information also

Wizzards pics
by weezie13 on December 11, 2005 09:46 AM
I'm not too big into growing many herbs,
but I do know that the peppermint one is good
for your tummy *I think so anyways*....

And vinegar is good for things like "GERD"....
Nutrilizes the acid in your tummy....

Comfry or Forest Tengu might be able to lend a hand.....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by comfrey on December 11, 2005 02:43 PM
Ok I am not real familiar with the use of oils and their strength or dose usage, But I can give a couple of simple teas you make for digestive type problems and also I will post another more involved formula for long term use.

Cinnamon Tea(good for relieving nausea & upset stomach)

1 TBSP dried Chamomile flowers
1 tsp whole cloves or (1/2 tsp ground cloves)
1 cup boiling water
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

In a small pan steep chamomile & whole cloves in the water for 15 minutes. (If using ground cloves do not add at this time)
Strain the flowers & cloves from the water with tea strainer. Add cinnamon & nutmeg ( & ground cloves if using them) and stir. Reheat (do not let it boil) Make fresh each time.

[flower] Check the next post for the next recipe

-
 -
by comfrey on December 11, 2005 02:56 PM
Peppermint-Alfalfa Tea Blend

1 cup peppermint (or spearmint or bee balm) leaves
1 cup dried alfalfa leaves

Mix the two ingredients and store in sealed container. Use a heaping tsp of the leaves for each cup of tea. This not only is good for digestive system, but also a purifier.

Lemon Mint Tea

1/2 cup dried peppermint leaves
1 cup dried alfalfa leaves
3 TBSP dried lemon balm leaves
3 TBSP dried, grated organic lemon rind

Mix ingredients and store in sealed container. Use a heaping tsp of the leaves for each cup of tea. This is a good digestive aid and helps relief cold symptoms.

Hot Mint Tea

1 peppermint tea bag
1-2 tsp Creme de Menthe liqueur
1 cup boiling water

Steep the tea bag in the water that has been boiled. When tea is ready add the Creme de Menthe. This is a good digestive aid and also helps with cold symptoms.

[flower] Go to Next post for a more involved longer term formula.

-
 -
by comfrey on December 11, 2005 03:38 PM
STOMACH/INTESTINAL FORMULA
  • 1 TBSP Goldenseal-it simulates bile production, but destroys noxious bacteria in the G.I. tract, it is effective to treat gastroenteritis, & diarrhea in adults and children.
  • 1 TBSP Licorice Root-It has been shown to help in the healing of gastric ulcers
  • 1/2 tsp Gentian Root-it aids in digestion by eliminating along the way gas, heartburn & flatulence. It also stimulates the gallbladder & pancreas. It also stimulates the appetite, increases saliva & digestive juice secretion.
  • 1/2 tsp papaya leaves-This has anti -ulcer action & also protects the stomach mucosa(lining) from damage and ulcer formation.
  • 1/2 tsp Myrhh Gum-It is a disinfectant & astringent. It also increases active in peptic glands therefore increase digestion.
  • 1/2 tsp Irish Moss-It soothes inflamed ulcerated surfaces.
  • 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds-This is a digestive aid, relives stomach pains, stimulates liver function & pancreatic secretion, therefore contributing to better digestion and assimilation of nutrients. It also relieves pain & irratation of ulcers.
  • 1/2 tsp Ginger Root-It is very soothing & mildly stimulating effects on the stomach. It increases saliva, It helps with nausea & also diarrhea.

Use:
  • Gas, Upset Stomach: 2-4 capsules as needed.
  • Chronic Heartburn: 2 capsules after each meal.
  • Ulcers: 2 capsules before each meal.
  • Other Applications: 2-3 capsules as needed.
  • Digestion: 2 capsules before meals with 2 capsules.
  • Inflammatory Diseases: 2 capsules with each meal.

[flower] Women who are Pregnant should not take this formula!!

You can use the amounts given and mix your own and add to empty capsules or go to a Health Food type store and look for a supplement that has all of the above ingredients in it. Do not leave out any of the ingredients if you make your own. When taking this or any other herbal preparation- ALWAYS TAKE CAPSULES WITH A FULL GLASS OF WATER, YES YOU HAVE TO DRINK THE WHOLE GLASSFULL

-
 -
by Wizzard on December 13, 2005 06:35 AM
thanx for the info comfrey... and thanx for the notify weezy

Wizzards pics
by weezie13 on December 13, 2005 10:50 AM
[thumb] [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by comfrey on December 13, 2005 11:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wizzard:
thanx for the info comfrey... and thanx for the notify weezy
You're welcome Wizzard...I didn't respond sooner as I hoping the person who posted this would be back to explain or answer questions.

-
 -
by Lorena on January 30, 2006 06:55 AM
I was the Queen of stomach issues, I was diagonsed with IBS, irritable bowel syndrome. Hmf... they gave me belladonna, didn't work... told me to relax... didn't work... told me I was lactose intolerant... that was funny, I went without milk products of any kind for 5 years... didn't work...

Ginger tea and occasional activated charcoal - worked.

No more problems.

Lorrie

-
"My Treasures do not clink
together or glitter. They gleam in
the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Traditional Borscht| Next thread: Trailing Roses »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: