The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Aloe Vera in trouble

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by catlover on October 08, 2004 05:41 AM
Forwarded Email Question:

I have an aloe vera plant that was my mothers and is now mine. It's about 17 years old and has always been really healthy and always gave off babies. my mother passed away May of 2003 and since then it stopped giving babies and about a week and a half, or so, ago i removed it from the pot and mixed in some fresh soil, and trimmed the end off. since then it has turned REALLY limp and is dying. The bottom leaves are compleatly brown. This plant means a lot to me and i want to help get it healthy again. do you have any suggestions??? Please help!!! C.

-
 -
 -
by suzydaze on October 08, 2004 05:41 PM
could be too much water or too much sun lite. Mine will turn brown when I first set it out side in the summer. I usually have to keep it in the sade some. It also turns brown if it gets either too much water or not enough. mine is about 1/2 brown brown now because when I sit it under to door step out side i forget to water it. good news...it can take alot of abuse. I'll get a pic of mine so you can see you still have hope. you just have to get that water adjusted.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Active Garden Forum