The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Proper Indoor Tomato Gardening

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by glenskinz on December 13, 2005 11:53 AM
I started 6 tomatoes indoor under a 430 WT HPS .
I put them in 4 gal pots with local potting soil with pearlite and worm castings added in. I trained the vines up strings i had rigged to the celing. now the problem is out doors i never trimed or pinched suckers so i was un sure exactly what to do now 90 days later i have thined the bottom 1/3 of the plants and tried to trim some lateral growth but i feel my plants have grown beyond the light capability does any one have any tips for the next round before i repeat my same mistakes.

-

-

Thanks in advance. Glen
by tkhooper on December 13, 2005 09:45 PM
Mine looks like that too but it's from overwatering not lack of light. Good luck with your next attempt. I have a few decent leaves near the top and I plan to use them as my cuttings.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on December 13, 2005 11:52 PM
If you private messaged "noneofyourbusiness", he'd be able to tell you everything! He does indoor gardening and by the looks of his pics.....he definitely knows how!

Good Luck!
Christina

-
 -
by glenskinz on December 27, 2005 03:45 AM
hello I thought i would update my garden with some pics. People loved getting fresh tomatoes at Christmas I was a hit!!! I recently ordered some bush type early girl and something else Instead of the taller ones here are some pics.

Too tall
 -

future sandwich
 -

I cracked the top on the one on the left from overwatering

-
This one has a funky bottom but its big!
 -

Hope everyone had a good holiday and Happy new Year!!!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: