The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hello and Help!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: hello, what kind of bug is this| Next thread: hello everybody!!! »
Back to Thread index
by Buggedbybugs on July 17, 2004 02:39 AM
Hello to everyone! [wayey] I have a problem in my garden and I need your help! Only you can save me! There is an unknown bug in my garden, and they're multiplying tlike htere's no tomorrow! Idon't know what to do! [dunno] They love walking along the ground, in and out of roots, and are small(only a couple cm) and greyish-silver. I'm fearing the worst, as i believe they are helping to spread rust from one plant to another! time is running out. Thanks to you all. Love the site.
by afgreyparrot on July 17, 2004 03:23 AM
Hi! [wayey] I don't know much about bugs, but there are a lot here that DO!!! Just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

You might want to post that question under the "Plant Pests And Problems" forum, and someone will see it and be able to help you.

Nice to meet you!
Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Lilylilac on July 17, 2004 06:14 AM
Almost sounds like pill bugs/tank bugs. But, I'm no expert either. Someone will be along shortly to help you out, I'm sure.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forums from Wisconsin!

[wayey]

-

zone 5
by loz on July 17, 2004 06:21 AM
Hi there......like suggested I'm going to move your post to the pest section.....you'll get more help there with this question.....Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it here. [grin]

Laura [Smile]
by Phil and Laura on July 17, 2004 05:36 PM
Could you post a photo, Lot's of Bugs fit your description [dunno] And Welcome to The Garden Helper [wayey]
by Phil and Laura on July 17, 2004 06:12 PM
Actually the two most common vectors of RUST are: 1. Humans
2. Leaf Hoppers
Humans spread it by handling the plants while they are wet,efore the Dew dries usually, Leaf hoppers spread it ...well by Leaf-hopping! [Big Grin]
Rusts usually develop during cool weather. They are spread by wind and splashing water. Rusts require water to reproduce and infect host plants. Here is a Link that is Canada Specific, I believe you will find your answers there, click on this link: Pill/sow and other "BUGS"
These type of bugs are more interested in the moisture and decaying matter in your garden, the link will tell you much about them and controlling them! [wayey]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: hello, what kind of bug is this| Next thread: hello everybody!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: