The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

fleas....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Flea Beetles| Next thread: Fleas in house plants? »
Back to Thread index
by Jiffymouse on July 10, 2004 05:32 PM
ok, not exactly a plant pest, but a pest none the less. i have 2 dogs that have set area and one that has run of the yard. the smaller (defined area) dogs are covered in fleas and bring them in the house so bad that flea spray on the carpet won't get them out. the area where they go out is a mix of sand, grass (unknown type) and weeds. what can i put down (and/or grow) that won't hurt the dogs, but will stand up to them and GET RID OF FLEAS [Mad]
by loz on July 10, 2004 05:59 PM
Ooo Jiffy, I don't know the answer but my sister is battling with fleas right now [Frown] ....They had a cat that got out once and it brought back fleas.....She's set of bombs, sprayed, put down this powder stuff and they still aren't all gone..........It's a big fight, she's got rid of them upstairs--now they just seem to be in the basement(where the cat stayed a lot)....Needless to say cat [kitty] is now gone.
by Bestofour on July 10, 2004 09:07 PM
We have fleas too. I noticed them on my white bathroom floor. I think we bring them in from the grass. We keep our dogs and cats treated but we've been told there's not a lot we can do. So, I called Terminix and they come treat the yard and house every 3 or 4 months. It keeps them under control, but not totally gone.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by NickN on July 13, 2004 03:19 PM
I've got a solution.At least it works every time in my own lawn.I apply Bengal Flea and Tick killer to the area the dog likes to use.I also spray it along the property border,house,and any out buildings.That controls them in the lawn.
As for the house,simply put off a few smoke bombs(while you're gone somewhere).No more fleas or ticks.
I usually have to do this in late spring and later in late summer.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Flea Beetles| Next thread: Fleas in house plants? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: