The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

natural pesticide that works?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: natural dehumidifiers ?| Next thread: Nature Stuff ! »
Back to Thread index
by ashley1 on September 27, 2005 09:02 AM
I need a natural pesticide for my tomatoe plants, cucumber plants etc. anyone know of one that works? Cayenne pepper etc???

Plants are awesome!!
by duckie on September 27, 2005 09:50 AM
[wayey] Hi Ashley,and welcome.

Come on down to the Organic forum and post some questions.

There are many organic pesticides.And yes, [Wink] they are very effective.

But for different problems there are different solutions.

Lots of bugs are good (beneficial).So I try to pinpoint the problem and do the least amount of damage to the good guys.

-
 -
by Longy on September 27, 2005 06:58 PM
I find cucumber to be pretty bulletproof Ashley. If a few leaves get chewed who cares. If the plants are healthy, they are such prolific growers it would take a plague to slow them down. Ensure plenty of potassium is available to the plants and they will laugh at most pest problems.
For tomatoes, my biggest summer problem is fruitfly on semi ripe fruit. I use a mosquito net over the plants once the fruit has set. I went to an open garden last weekend where an old couple were using discarded lace curtains, sewn together, to protect ripening fruit on tropical fruit trees.
As Duckie suggested, be specific with your problems. The methods of overcoming them are likely to be many and varied.

-
The secret is the soil.
by Tamara from Minnesota on September 28, 2005 08:25 PM
I like pyola from Garden's Alive- if I remember to actually spray it!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: natural dehumidifiers ?| Next thread: Nature Stuff ! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: