The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

frost ?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: From The Butchart Gardens| Next thread: Frost »
Back to Thread index
by sibyl on October 13, 2006 12:56 AM
some landscaper guy told me if you get a early frost , go out early in the morning before the sun comes up, and water your flowers, plants, and they wont die off,he said cause the waters warmer than the frost.
my question is has anyone ever done this?
dose it realy work?

-
 -
by TulsaRose on October 13, 2006 04:10 AM
I've never done that after a frost but I do make everything is well watered if a frost has been forecast. Well hydrated plants can stand up to the stress a lot better. [Wink]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by sibyl on October 13, 2006 10:40 AM
sounds alot eaiser than running around the yard with tarps, plastic, and newspapper! [Razz] [Big Grin]

-
 -
by daylily77 on October 13, 2006 02:46 PM
We're supposedly getting our first frost tonight already! I had to go cover everything! I also read that placing milk jugs of water by the plants will heat up small spaces. The jug will give off heat as it turns the water from liquid to frozen. So I put a few of those in, too.

I've never read that about watering early in the morning to prevent frost damage. But I did hear of doing it before dusk on the night just before the freeze. I'd be interested to know if it really works! Please do let us know the results if you try it. [Smile]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: From The Butchart Gardens| Next thread: Frost »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: