The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peaches and pears and pineapples,oh my.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Peach Trees, problem??| Next thread: peanut brittle »
Back to Thread index
by mrs. rhonda grant on September 18, 2005 05:31 PM
hello,
I have some paech pits that i have stratified, i put them in the fridge for about 7 weeks now.
does anyone have a suguestion on how i go about the next step?
I just want to make sure i start them out right.
I also did the same with my pear seed.
Has anyone found pineapple seeds in their fruit?
I'm going to try to grow them anyhow.
thonk you
[angel]

GOD, please bless our plants and flowers. Let our new cuttings thrive. In JESUS name, AMEN.

-

by Longy on September 19, 2005 05:00 AM
I found some info on pear seeds. Though it says the plants will be variable. Same for peach seed i think. Best results are from cuttings. However, the info is as follows:

Clean collected seeds and sow directly, or refrigerate them. Six weeks before sowing in late winter, add enough water to cover the seeds in their bag. Chill for 48hrs, drain, and return to the refrigerator. Some of the seeds may have germinated when you come to sow them. If so, surface sow them and cover with 1/8" of fine grade vermiculite.

I didn't know pineapples had seeds in the fruit. Well there you go. If you cut the top of the pineapple off, leaving about a centimetre of fruit, (Oh 1/2 an inch will do) and dry it for a few days, then put it into a pot with regular seedling mix, it will grow a new plant.

-
The secret is the soil.
by mrs. rhonda grant on September 19, 2005 09:28 AM
thank you for the info.
I have a pineapple already growing from the top. But I did get 1 pineapple with seeds. i guess i'll just punt.thanks again.

GOD, please bless our plants and flowers. Let our new cuttings thrive. In JESUS name, AMEN.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peach Trees, problem??| Next thread: peanut brittle »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: