The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Peppers & pain in my arse!| Next thread: Peppers are growing »
Back to Thread index
by ladybug67 on August 22, 2005 11:41 AM
Hello, all i have a few things going on in my gareden, first off i havent used any ferterlizer( merical grow) in a while, but my pepper plants are small and have some peppers on them but have this brownish stripe on them. I bought them from the store they are the bell peppers i planted some mix bells and they are some too i have them on my porch. My tomatoe plants are taking a long time to ripe the fruit on them i have gotten some cherry one off a near by plant but the sliceing one are just staring to turn. i had this bug smaller then a grub but simler to it but was like an off white to lite yellow in color and had some black dots on it, on my eggplant, which have not flowered not sure if its to late. oh and can i plant some zuccini plant in the garden or is it to late to get any fruit to havest? i'm starting to get another yellow squash growing will be my second one. My garden is slow in growing??? help!!!!

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol
by Sorellina on August 24, 2005 12:05 PM
Ciao ladybug,

Knowing when you transplanted in Spring would be a help to answer a lot of your questions. What is your USDA growing zone? Also, tomato varieties can have quite different dates to maturity depending on what you're growing so varietal name(s) would be helpful as well. For example, some of my early tomatoes that had dates to maturity of 60 days or less are pretty much done for the season, whereas my Hillbilly who got planted out the last weekend in May has huge green fruit but not one ripe one so far. The bug you describe sounds like a Japanese beetle..poor you. We have them on our cukes and we've gotten a grand total of one fully ripe cuke this season because of the buggers. I have no clue how to get rid of them more or less organically..I hate pesticides.

Cheers,
Julianna

-
by ladybug67 on August 24, 2005 10:54 PM
Well not sure, I think it was in May in the middle or in june the first week. I had cucmbers which we had at least 10 of them. Now that I think about it i have some green bean plants that are over near the pepper plants that have not grow much either, but my dill did fine not that i know what to do with it lol but had some nice caterpiler for the kids lol. I have my tomatoe plants are near the pepper plants not sure if i should've pick some unripe tomatoes or peppers to get them going but it just seams that i might have done some thing wrong. Planted to late or but the plants out to late. I had started everything on time i think and put everything out in the garden after the first frost and when it did get a bet chilly i covered them.(I did buy the pepper plants). I did have to start over like two week later because i had some evil people move out of the down stairs apartment we rent, well to make it short they poured grass and weed killer on every thing and had to start over. so i did check to see what i had to do and it was only the 7day kind or that it just killed the roots only and could replant so i did. lol well it could just be me. I have all the luck!!!!! :)danielle

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peppers & pain in my arse!| Next thread: Peppers are growing »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: