The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tall garden phlox

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Tall aloe w/no babies| Next thread: Tall Primrose »
Back to Thread index
by ladyslippers on September 19, 2006 08:41 AM
I have a question about what tall garden phlox like. I have some, but they do not get as big and lovely as others I have seen. what do they like for fertilizer etc. thanks for any information you give me. Would like to much better blooms next summer.

so much to do so little time
by alankhart on September 19, 2006 07:44 PM
Garden phlox likes full sun/partial shade , so make sure yours is getting enough sun. They also like good, healthy soil ammended with compost. Although I rarely fertilize other than with compost, I would think any good fertilizer with a high second number (which helps blooming) would be alright. Which cultivar do you have? Some don't get as tall as others.

-
 -
 -
by debnoel on September 20, 2006 01:21 AM
My phlox was beautiful this year and I just put on that shake and feed stuff in the spring and they seem to do okay. I have 3 different kinds and I like them because they bloom mid season. They seeded themselves all over the back yard and I was digging up seedlings and putting them into a bed before the first mow of the spring.
by debnoel on September 20, 2006 01:22 AM
My phlox was beautiful this year and I just put on that shake and feed stuff in the spring and they seem to do okay. I have 3 different kinds and I like them because they bloom mid season. They seeded themselves all over the back yard and I was digging up seedlings and putting them into a bed before the first mow of the spring.
by ladyslippers on September 20, 2006 05:50 AM
thanks for the info. I probably need to fertilize them. I know I have one that is a shorter variety, but the other is a taller variety. I don't know the name of them. I have used shake and feed before so I will try that this spring. I would love to see them seeding in my yard! They do get sun. thanks again for the infor.

so much to do so little time

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Tall aloe w/no babies| Next thread: Tall Primrose »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: