The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Attack of the gnats

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by gardengal on April 19, 2004 10:47 PM
I have noticed that there are a million gnats hovering around our lawn, especially in our backyard, and now the buggers are coming inside. They seem to really like my hubby, which isn't a good thing as they are really annoying him. [Mad] Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of them? I have many houseplants and they don't seem to be coming from them. My husband thinks they may have come from the chicken fertilizer I used around the citrus and avocado trees. What do you think? Help!

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by Chrissy on April 21, 2004 07:47 AM
If your citrus trees are bearing fruit right now, then the gnats are probably attracted to the fruit...but I am just guessing, as I know gnats & fruit flies love fruit. Here are a couple of web sites that may be helpful:

Fungus Gnats

Getting Rid Of Gnats

-
 -
z5b
by gardengal on April 21, 2004 06:01 PM
Thanks Chrissy. [kissies] My orange tree does have fruit right now so maybe its a combination of things. They seem to have calmed down inside the house, its been a little bit cooler the last couple of days so maybe they all ran away. [grin] Keep your fingers crossed!

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Active Garden Forum