The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

gaillardia Tokajer

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Gaillardia question| Next thread: Gardem Under Attack »
Back to Thread index
by miguelita on September 03, 2006 01:20 PM
Hi,
I completed a mass planting of 400 gaillardias Tokajer this spring, trusting the info I found on the internet expecting them to be 12" to 18". They are up to 30" high. If I cut them down to 12", will it stifle their growth. Do we cut them down every fall or spring. I need someone's expertise to salvage my original vision.
by melcon6 on September 03, 2006 02:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by miguelita:
a mass planting of 400 gaillardias Tokajer
WOW! I'm impressed!!!! I don't have that variety of Gaillardia myself. I have 'goblin' and I have dead-headed a couple of times all summer to keep it blooming and then leave the last month for seeds.I will cut it back to the ground for the winter. I am in zone 4/5.

What zone are you in?? I did find some info for you about the Tokajer. I've read 16-18"tall and also 24" tall. You can cut straight down the side of a clump and get new ones to grow in midsummer. Then when those small new plants begin to bloom you could cut the taller ones down. They will keep blooming and growing new shoots. I hope this helps. [flower] [grin]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Gaillardia question| Next thread: Gardem Under Attack »
Back to Thread index