The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

more rose photos

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: More Rhododendrons!!| Next thread: More roses... »
Back to Thread index
by Mrs.Bradley on August 30, 2006 11:47 AM
this one is snowfire. the petals are velvety red inside and white on the outside of each one.
 -

-

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 30, 2006 12:04 PM
That is one gorgeous rose, Mrs. B! [Wink] I've never seen one with that particular color combo. How is the fragrance?

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by Mrs.Bradley on August 30, 2006 12:18 PM
Thanks, Rosie! the scent is hard to explain. the tag when I bought it said a strong tea scent. its not really flowery,but it is sorta strong,but not overpowering...like I say,hard to explain...

-
 -
by loz on August 30, 2006 04:50 PM
WOW! That is breath-taking!!!! [shocked] I absolutely love it.... [clappy]
by nmlAlba-dC15 on August 30, 2006 07:35 PM
..and here is a rose from Malaysia..
 -

...it was originally from Hydesville, California actually...i bought it from www.amityheritageroses.com

Have a nice day... [wavey]

-
i believe that somewhere in da darkest night...a candle glows,
i believe for every drop of rain that falls...a flower grows....
by Mrs.Bradley on August 31, 2006 02:37 AM
I love the colors on that one!! I have a mini that look a lot like it. does it start out dark orange as buds, and turn pink as it opens up??
(looks like 2 different shades of rose on your plant is why I ask) if so, what is the name of it? I love that one!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

BTW:do you have trouble with disease on this one?

-
 -
by penny in ontario on August 31, 2006 03:16 AM
Those are all so pretty.
Thanks for sharing!

-
 -

-
by afgreyparrot on August 31, 2006 03:27 AM
All the rose pictures make me miss my roses so bad! [Eek!]
I had so many of them at the farm...back in the old days.

I had that Snowfire...got it from Jackson and Perkins. It was an easy rose to take care of...I never had much trouble with it like some of them. I think it came out the same year as Sunfire.

Anyone got a Tropicana? I loved that one. Miss it bad.

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Mrs.Bradley on August 31, 2006 03:28 AM
I have lots that I dont know the names of.
whats it look like??

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on August 31, 2006 03:40 AM
It was different shades of orange...from deep orange to a lighter orange. It bloomed constantly, and the butterflies loved it.

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Pekemom on August 31, 2006 03:58 AM
Just beautiful, nml. Makes me want to learn how to care for them. I would love the fragrance around the house, too...That it originally comes from Malaysia makes it very special...

-
 -  -  -  -  -
Pekemom's Gallery
by Mrs.Bradley on August 31, 2006 05:10 AM
[dunno] that may be what my mini is. starts out dark orange when it first buds and gets lighter. just before I dead head, it is hot pink/pink. its gorgeous!! [Love] it should be blooming soon. when it does, I'll post a photo.then you can tell me if thats what it is or not [angel]

I have always wondered what the name was of this one. [Smile]

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 31, 2006 05:44 AM
I have a Tropicana, a hybrid Tea Rose, and it hasn't done diddly this year. In fact, I've been disappointed in it for several years but my mom gave it to me the year before she passed away and I hate to get rid of it. [Wink] The first year or two, it was beautiful...but that's history. They are very prone to mildew, black spot, bugs, etc. here. It may be different in other climates.

I didn't even get any good pictures this year due to so few blooms. I snagged this one from a website...
 -

Mrs. B, this is all the info I have on one of my famous, stoopid online orders from Springhill Nursery and it included some lovely orange mini-roses that sound like what you described...Orange Honey. I say "stoopid" because all of them croaked except the Green Ice which have done very well in a large container on the front porch.
 -

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by Bestofour on August 31, 2006 11:59 AM
So beautiful. Me too Cindy. I used to have roses. I always thought the red ones smelled the best.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by nmlAlba-dC15 on September 03, 2006 07:32 PM
Hi everyone...

n Bestofour has my package of Orthosiphon reached u?? Hope the cuttings r o.k...

Mrs B. ... think itz da light that makes it look as if there were two colours... or may b as da bloom ages da colour just lightens a bit...think this one is quite trouble-free... i have some which have 'become naked!!'...leaves turn yellow n drop off...mites, i think!!?...but still hanging on there...i have sprayed n sprayed n yet...still naked,looking so sick n sooo sad.. well... growing roses can b very frustrating n exasperating!!! But i dont give up.....

Woops..pekemon...this particular rose originates from Hydesville, California!!
[wavey]

-
by plantqueen on September 06, 2006 05:20 AM
I have rose bush that is getting very leggy so to speak. Can I cut it way down? If so, when should I do that?

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by Rosepetal on September 08, 2006 10:51 PM
Hi thought I'd share my rose too.

Planted this mini rose this year and it's blooming steadily.

-

My daughter took this picture right after rain.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by nmlAlba-dC15 on September 10, 2006 03:03 PM
Wow...what a very 'delectable' rose...love da color...

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: More Rhododendrons!!| Next thread: More roses... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: