The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bean eating Bunnies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bean Beatles - those nasty things!| Next thread: Bearded Iris »
Back to Thread index
by LMT on July 15, 2005 09:08 AM
Any suggestions I can use in the morning? Else all my green beans might be gone.

I hate cute little bunnies. Rats that hop.

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.
by Dixie Angel on July 15, 2005 09:14 AM
Stew pot? Meat with your beans.... [Wink]

Dianna

-
 -
by LMT on July 15, 2005 09:47 AM
While I could nail one at 50 feet with a bow, I can't baby sit. Any other suggestions? (besides, the rats are nasty food this time of year)

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.
by weezie13 on July 15, 2005 11:46 AM
FOX URINE...(the smell of a preditor)

OR a rabbit fence..

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by weezie13 on July 15, 2005 11:48 AM
Q. What's invisible and smells like beans??
[Embarrassed] Bunny F@rts! [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sorry, just couldn't resist!!! [dunno] [lala] [grin]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Stormysgrandma on July 15, 2005 12:31 PM
Some people swear by human hair along the borders of the garden. I'm gonna try it this week. I'm going to call beauty shops and ask them to save some of the hair they cut.

I discovered a momma bunny teaching her babies to eat beans and bean blossoms in my garden. I watched her lead them to the garden, push them through the fence, and stand guard while they ate. They're cute as a button, but I love my green beans!!

Next year I'm going to plant a few bunny favorites in another area of my yard, just for those little cuties. [Wink]

Stormy
by LMT on July 16, 2005 07:27 AM
I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the Momma Fox about a 1/4 mile away. She should be teaching her young how to catch bunnies in the open.

I'm going to replant half the plot, no other choice.

by Stormysgrandma on July 19, 2005 12:31 PM
I'm in the same situation. It's been raining for 3 days, so I haven't had a chance to do the hair experiment. I went out this morning and bunnies had eaten almost every bean, devoured the bean blossoms, chewed off most of the stems, and sat on the rest. I'm not sure if I'm going to replant or not.

The rain was a blessing, but who knew bunnies ate in the rain!!

Stormy

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bean Beatles - those nasty things!| Next thread: Bearded Iris »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: