The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pics of my indoor garden / test

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Wizzard on January 09, 2006 01:46 PM
i uploaded a few pics to yahoo of my indoor garden. put the link on my sig, ws just wanting to show it to you folks, and make sure the link works.... so does it....

alright, i've been waiting 5 seconds, so does it work or not.... [Confused]

Wizzards pics
by ChristinaC on January 09, 2006 10:01 PM
Looks great Wizzard!! I use the same cups as you..I'm addicted to ice cappucinos from Tim Hortons (not sure if the States have Tim Hortons??) I save them all...they work great don't they?? What do you all have growing? I believe I see tomatoes, peppers, thyme, perhaps sage?? Beans..of course..but I'm having a hard time making out anything more than that.

Christina

-
 -
by Wizzard on January 09, 2006 11:50 PM
two peper plants, cayene and habenaro. sage yes, sadly no thyme, mine got caught in the first frost, however there is some due to sprout soon in the window. the big tub has flower bulbs init, tulips and amarylis. theres some mint and feverfew. the tin pan has a letuce mix growing in it for young greens for salad (not doing so well yet, but only a week or 2 old)
thats about everything thats on the table i think... oh yeah, therees a couple pots of tulibs and dafodils also.
on the window sill is a great variety of things. i use parfeit cups from mcdonalds to germinate. they make a great little terarium. most of them still have the lid on, that means they arent sprouted yet, but they have only been there since about the first of the year. let me see if i can remember what all i have over there.... borage, mugwort, motherwort, st johns wort, hyssop, peter peppers, basil, cinamon basil, wormwood, parsley, thyme, horehound, garden huckleberry, marjoram, bells of ireland, love lies bleeding, garlic, and minasota midget cantaloupe. theres also some cuttings im trying to get to root, mint, chocolate mint, & sage. i have never tried to propagate by cuttings before, i just cut them off and stuck them in the dirt, except the sage.... i scraped off about a half inch of the bottom of the stem on that and dipped it in some root grow. the mints have rooted already, but the sage has not showed any signes yet... hopefully it will take. anyways, enough rambling

oh, and btw i have never heard of tim hortons [Confused] [dunno]

Wizzards pics
by ChristinaC on January 10, 2006 12:13 AM
Well I must say...that is very impressive!! Quite the variety. I grew such a wide variety last year of vegetables, herbs and flowers...it got a little overwhelming after a couple months. We had such a cold spring, I wasn't able to get anything in the ground until mid June and the plants were more than ready!!!! This year I'm growing a different variety of things....things that aren't as readily available at the local grocery stores...and things that are pricey! Of course, I need peppers and tomatoes...all my herbs are growing indoors all already...I'll transfer them outdoors if needed. I want shallots, thai basil, arugula, thai chilis.....lotsa chilis!!! I really haven't decided just yet...okay now I'm rambling!!

Tim Hortons is similar to StarBucks....I suppose the "Canadian" version...though there are StarBucks in the larger cities.

Take care and keep us posted with lotsa' updates!!
Christina

-
 -
by comfrey on January 10, 2006 04:01 AM
Looks like you are doing great Wizzard, [thumb] [thumb] are just using natural light from the window or do have any lights setup?

-
 -
by Wizzard on January 10, 2006 04:54 AM
no artificial light. just the south facing window. seems to be working ok for now. im not sure if it will be ok when it comes time to fruit. but if it isnt enough light for fruit to form, i will have a REALY big "seedling" when spring rolls around! [grin] but hopefuly theres enough light to ripen a tomato

Wizzards pics
by ChristinaC on January 10, 2006 08:16 AM
Me again...

What is beside the sage in the 3rd picture? That is what I was mistaking for thyme.

-
 -
by Wizzard on January 10, 2006 10:18 AM
ah, i see. its st johns wort. it was getting very unruly. i have cut it back a lot since then. it was suposed to take on a bush form but it didnt branch off. i see how it looks like thyme now that i look at the pic [grin] [Confused]

i had a few sprout today... a couple letuces, borage, and the basils [clappy]

Wizzards pics
by ChristinaC on January 10, 2006 10:55 AM
Have you used the St. John's Wort yet? And if yes, what did you do with it? I've never grown it but I've heard so many beneficial things about it.

-
 -
by Wizzard on January 10, 2006 11:03 AM
i have not used it yet. i have heard mixed reviews on it. sounds like its good as long as you dont use it much though. i started that plant last spring. it has not produced flowers yet. and with how much i just cut it back, im not sure if it will this year either. but i can hope. from what i have heard its very easy to grow, is considered a weed in some places

Wizzards pics

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: