The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Blackberry bushes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Blackberry bush fungus?| Next thread: Blackberry help Please..... »
Back to Thread index
by lcozzo on June 22, 2005 11:20 PM
I am in my second year of growing blackberries. Last year was quite successful. This year, one of the bushes is having problems. The stems are falling off at the base of the trunk. It almost seems like a "rotting" of sort. These are healthy limbs otherwise as they were flowering. The other 4 bushes are not affected (yet). Anyone know what might be ailing them?

Linda
by Longy on June 23, 2005 02:41 AM
It could be a fungal prob or you've planted the one sick one too deep and it's rotting from collar rot. If not too deep, you may have to dispose of the crook plant before the others get infected. I'm not sure about this though so stay tuned. Blackberry are a weed where i live, we can't get rid of the bludgers:)

-
The secret is the soil.
by Fernie on June 23, 2005 03:29 AM
They are a weed where I live too...but I would remove the one bad one so it doesn't infect your other bushes

-
 -

- GO DAWGS!  -
by LMT on June 23, 2005 03:59 AM
Prune first, kill second.

linky

Assuming it's twig blight.

--

My bad, blackberries not blueberries.

Oh well, let me take a quick look.

--

And in the end ...

I can only help ...

with this link on bramble diseases .

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Blackberry bush fungus?| Next thread: Blackberry help Please..... »
Back to Thread index