The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

biological filter/biological disaster?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Billbergis bromlaid| Next thread: birch? »
Back to Thread index
by blueyz75 on July 19, 2004 03:36 AM
OK I thought I had this biological filteration thing figured out. I build one with a rubbermaid container. Two compartments one in side and one out. On the water in side I had pot scrubbies in nylon bag with activated charcoal on top, seperate bag, than water was supposed to go OVER the divider and to the out side where it would pass thru the quilt batting and the lava rock and out to the water bucket taht feeds the waterfall. I put it higher than any of the water in the thing period. I did take picks and dont know how to post them!

HELP! SOS!
Kel
I don't want to have to start ALL OVER!

Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, and love like you've never been hurt.
by Gardencrazy on July 22, 2004 09:43 PM
I am unsure of what is wrong with your filter. I also don't know how to post a pic. Can you email them to me? I will see if I can help.
Gardencrazy
[flower]

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket
by Sami on July 22, 2004 10:11 PM
Posting pics: You need to have your picture hosted somewhere on the internet...ie - webshots or photobucket, etc. Then, just post the link in your post using the image codes.

-
Talentless but connected.
by blueyz75 on July 26, 2004 12:22 AM
problem ended up being, water in went in much faster than it could out my little hole so the water just went OVER the side of the container. Instead of having to have a water fall that was a trickle and restricting flow of my pump, I redesigned it and its sitting over on table drying will take picks later.

Kel

Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, and love like you've never been hurt.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Billbergis bromlaid| Next thread: birch? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: