The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

miniature rose question?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Miniature Rose Picture| Next thread: Miniature Rose Question »
Back to Thread index
by linda12159 on April 13, 2005 05:55 PM
I got this beautiful red miniature rose bush, i want to plant it outside, the label says to cut it back to 3"-4", then plant it. can this be right? it still has flowers on it. when i do cut it, is it the same as regular roses....above a 5 leaf cluster. theres no mention of where the cuts should be....
Thanks, Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself
by tkhooper on April 13, 2005 06:33 PM
I didn't cut mine back when I lived in washington state and transplanted them outside. They did just fine. But that might have been beginners luck cause I certainly didn't and still don't know what I was doing.

-
 -
by mike57 on April 13, 2005 08:44 PM
HI [wayey] Linda heres a link i found for you on your mini rose bush.they are to be cared for just like a full sized rose bush.
http://www.johnsrosegarden.org/BJDstory/advise01.htm
it has a lot of imformation abought them.hope this helps.your friend in gardeing.mike57. [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by tkhooper on April 13, 2005 10:28 PM
That's a really cool link thanks Mike. Makes me want to try them again this year indoors. Although I have lost all the ones I have tried to keep indoors so far. Maybe this time? I am such a sucker for a pretty plant.

-
 -
by Sheri&Kiki on April 14, 2005 09:36 AM
I planted my minis about a month ago, didn't cut them back, and they're all doing just fine. They're blooming like crazy! I put them as a front in the rose bed, and it looks pretty nice! [thumb] [wayey]

-
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
by linda12159 on April 14, 2005 08:06 PM
WooooHooooo......TY Mike [clappy] [thumb] How easy is that!! You know I never trust those information things they put in some store bought plants......Always best to get a second opinion. Thank you everyone!!
[muggs] Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself
by linda12159 on April 14, 2005 08:08 PM
Hey Bill....I just noticed....lol...ty for correction [kissies] :thumbup

Linda

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Miniature Rose Picture| Next thread: Miniature Rose Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: