The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New yard

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: New Website| Next thread: New Zealand Spinach »
Back to Thread index
by BoothX3 on June 21, 2004 09:07 PM
We are just starting a new yard around our house that we moved in last summer. I have sprayed numerous time with round up, but thistles still keep popping up. The round uo works on the ones that pop up, but later on new ones pop up elsewhere. We have not started the grass seed on the half of the yard where the thistles keep coming up. Also any one have some ideas for landscaping let us know. We have a basic plan, but are open to new ideas. There is a ditch that borders us on one side, and we are putting a rock garden, around the gas and water meter area, with river rock, old tree trunks and stumps, and various plants. Extra suggestions are welcome.

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
by Oahugirl on June 22, 2004 12:58 AM
Hi! I understand your problem with the thistles. I started our new lawn about 7 months ago. I had lots of problems with weeds and thistles. Someone told me to go ahead and plant my seed. You see, if you do that and then use Weed B Gone for lawns you will get rid of the weeds while your lawn is growing. I don't have nearly the problem I use too because our lawn grew in nice and thick so it sufficated the weeds and thistles out.
by BoothX3 on June 22, 2004 07:43 PM
Maybe I am just getting impatient for the thistles to be gone. We did spread some Scott's weed n feed before we did the seed along with spraying the actual thistle plants with Roundup. I guess we'll just have to sit back and wait. [lala]

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
by weezie13 on June 22, 2004 07:56 PM
BoothX3,
I am by far the furthest person to answer this
post, *I am an organic only gardener*
But I do know there is something like Weed~n~Feed or something, that when you put on it does not allow the seeds of the weeds to germinate.....

Plant~Doc does do this stuff maybe he'll come thru, from time to time.
And give you some pointers...
Or Phil can give you an organic solution..
Papito may also give you a pointer or two...

Hang in there, I'm sure some one will come thru
with a pointer for you!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: New Website| Next thread: New Zealand Spinach »
Back to Thread index