The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Danielle's new garden

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: dangers of pressure treated wood| Next thread: dappled willow »
Back to Thread index
by Chrissy on May 16, 2004 03:20 PM
(Posting photos for Danielle)

Danielle & my son are engaged to be married & they live in the upstairs apartment of our home. Danielle has only ever had a few houseplants, as they haven't a yard of their own to put a garden in yet....my son told me he wanted to surprise Danielle with a place to grow flowers of her very own, so I gave my son & Danielle a bunch of space in the back yard to put in some raised beds so Danielle could actually put a small garden out.

This is what Danielle & my son spent the day doing yesterday....
 -
 -
 -
The heart shaped bed is really cute & much bigger than it looks in the photo, I think they did a great job with the curved bed too. Now my DIL will have a place to plant all of her flowers:)
 -
 -
Danielle & my son Kevin, after the job is all done:) Aren't they adorable?

-
 -
z5b
by Bestofour on May 16, 2004 03:27 PM
What a sweet idea. Cute couple too.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by gardenmom32210 on May 16, 2004 04:13 PM
I adore the heart shaped garden [thumb] (I have one too). It looks like they worked really hard on everything it all looks so nice. Cant wait for you to post pictures when the plants get put in.
Your son is a good looking man and she is so cute. They make an adorable couple [flower]

Karen [grin]
by weezie13 on May 16, 2004 05:07 PM
NICE JOB!!!!
Very professional looking!!

One dumb question, can a lawn mower be driven
thru there?? That's one small item we negected to
messure when we did my 5 raised veggie beds, we did two horizontal with the house and three perpendictular and there's a rhubarb patch on the other side of those three.... I can barely make a turn into there to get the mower thru [Razz] [Embarrassed] [Frown] [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

And another one by the side of my house and cherry tree, and a walk way, there's this tiny strip of grass, I can't get thru that with the lawn mower, have to use the weed whacker, and I'm not always the fastest with that thing....

But they did a nice job...

What did she decide to plant???

Weezie

Oh, yes, more pictures please, love 'em!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by plants 'n pots on May 16, 2004 06:16 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOVE [Love] that heart shaped garden!

It is such a beautiful shape - and so even too!
I hope they find much happiness tending to their flower babies there!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Ronni on May 17, 2004 12:57 AM
Aaawwwwww!!!! How cute!

I just HAD to call my teenage daughter in to read the story and then see the photos, coz I knew she'd get such a kick of of them. And she did!

She thought you were very special people to do that for your son and his fiance. And she thought it was SO romantic [Love] that they made a heart shaped bed.

What a special thing!!

Ronni

-
by loz on May 17, 2004 03:39 PM
That does look very nice, and a cute couple too! [thumb] So, what is Danielle planting??? [thinker] It would be kind of cool to do all red flowers in the heart......Keep the pics coming......love looking at them [thumb]
by Chrissy on May 17, 2004 10:31 PM
Danielle needs to get in here & post what she actually planted. I gave her quite a few packs of seeds & she had some neat seeds that her mom brought her back from a vacation to Alaska. I am not sure what all she planted, but I know that I gave her...

kalidescope 4 o'clocks
shasta daisies
assylum
gypsophelia white & pink varieties
calla lilies
several types of marigolds
pink petunias
dianthus - pinks
hollyhocks - black
coleus - rainbow

I will tell her to get in here & post what she finally planted. She has been out in the yard all weekend working on it:) I just love that she & my son love gardening too. Something so nice for the two of them to share. And now mom has some new flower beds once they get their house [thumb] That is probably a year or two away yet, so she will get a lot of practice in until she has her own yard to make beautiful.

-
 -
z5b
by Danielle_plants_alot on May 18, 2004 07:53 PM
Okay everyone finally I am here to say what all I planted! In the heart garden there is gladiolis however you spell that, sunflower dark red, bachelor buttons, oh a moose turd from alaska that has forget me not in them, sweet william.
And in the big one......
cantelope, strawberries, cucumber, marigolds, dasies, and lots of catnip grass and stuff.. i really dont remember what all else is in there haha but i guess we will find out when it all starts to bloom i can not wait til that happens! anyways sorry abut all the spelling errors i am kinda in a hurry i have to be getting back to class but i will talk to everyone later
bye,
danielle

-
zone 5 Indiana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Gardening is medicine that does not need a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.”
by Jiffymouse on June 29, 2004 03:28 AM
that is a cute idea! i think i'll borrow it!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: dangers of pressure treated wood| Next thread: dappled willow »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: