The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

When do romas bloom?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by tkhooper on May 17, 2005 03:35 PM
my tomato plants have just taken off this week after the fertilizer overload. So now I am wondering when I might expect to see blooms on them. Or if I need to do something to them to get them to bloom.
by Longy on May 19, 2005 11:01 PM
LOL. Geez you're impatient TK.
Give the poor blighters a chance.
They'll do their thing:)
by tkhooper on May 19, 2005 11:08 PM
Hey Longy,

I had just taken a bite of sausage when I clicked on your response. Now I have to clean the key board. [Big Grin]

Your right though I should learn patience. [Embarrassed]

It's just that they grew so fast once they started. Just this morning I had to tie one to a stake because it had completely bent over. They are sure looking great though.
by phoenix on May 19, 2005 11:50 PM
quote:
I had just taken a bite of sausage when I clicked on your response. Now I have to clean the key board
done that more than twice [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
my tomato's haven't even grown an inch yet. ithink i need to fertilize them. what did you use tk?

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by tkhooper on May 20, 2005 12:37 AM
It sure worked for me. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
by Katb on May 20, 2005 02:19 AM
My romas are about afoot tall & their blooming so it shouldnt be long. [kitty]
by tkhooper on May 20, 2005 02:26 AM
I still need that magnifying glass. I mis-read your post Phoenix.

Well I made a bit of a booboo. I transplanted them into the miracle gro potting soil that has a time released fertilizer in it and then forgot that it did. So then I added miracle gro water soluable all plant fertilizer at half strength. And then I added a bunch of bone meal on top of that all within about a week. My tomatoes are still acting weird. Today I notice that the tops of the plants have made little curly Q's with the top of their branches. I think they are very very drunk or the plant equivalent anyway.
by phoenix on May 20, 2005 05:46 PM
quote:
I think they are very very drunk or the plant equivalent anyway.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
wow that's alot of "fert" it was just a regular water soluable fertilizer? i have some of that. i just wasn't sure if there was a specific tomato fertilizer. i'll use what i have.
[thumb] thanx tk

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: