The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dalhia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Daisies from seed| Next thread: Dallas Home and Garden Show »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 24, 2006 10:36 AM
I'm so excited. The dalhia that Servantsheart gave me is starting to sprout. That was really fast. I'm so looking forward to having that plant in my garden. I just had to share.

-
 -
by eClaire on July 25, 2006 03:02 AM
thats great [Smile]

my dahlias produced green leaves, but no flowers. they kind of stopped growing a month ago. Oh well, I hope you have a better result than I did!

Claire
by gardengal on July 25, 2006 09:20 AM
Claire,
Do you see any signs of bugs eating your dahlia leaves? I have a large white dinner plate dahlia that seems to take forever between sprouting green and actually blooming. This year I noticed the snails and slugs have found it so I'm fighting that battle now on top of being impaitent to begin with. [Wink]

Good luck. I love dahlias. They add so much texture to a garden.

And congrats TK. Its always so nice when your bulbs bloom for you. [Smile]

Kristen

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by tkhooper on July 26, 2006 10:09 AM
Thankyou both for sharing in my happiness. I hope the slugs and snails don't find it. But if they do I'll definitely be getting out the bait. I love these flowers and really want to add some flowers that are good for cut arrangements to my garden.

-
 -
by bibee on July 26, 2006 11:35 AM
What is the best thing to use to get kill the slug. and cricket. i went out and looked and they were in the middle of my flower heads.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/
by tkhooper on July 26, 2006 12:41 PM
for slugs stale beer if you can stand getting rid of the dead ones. Crickets I haven't a clue.

-
 -
by dodge on July 31, 2006 06:18 AM
Ny dalhias just started blooming.......When I ge enough gumption I will post them here.

Why cant one just copy an paste photos on here or any other forum?

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Daisies from seed| Next thread: Dallas Home and Garden Show »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: