The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Datura cuttings: question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Datura? Brugmansia?| Next thread: Datura problem! »
Back to Thread index
by alankhart on July 22, 2006 10:21 AM
I happened upon a large white Datura (Trumpet Plant) in the vacant lot next door. I believe it probably was the result of reseeding since the lady that used to live there had some in containers on her front porch. I've never tried growing them from cuttings, but I've heard it's rather easy...just cut off a section and put it in water where it will root, then plant in a container. My question is this: each cutting has several buds on it...do I cut them off so the plant will use it's energy to make roots? or is that necessary? One of the cuttings is actually about to bloom. Other plants I've grown from cuttings usually did better if I cut off the blooms/buds, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same for Datura.

-
 -
 -
by gardenfairy on July 22, 2006 03:07 PM
I don't see why the buds would be a problem. I would also try to get some seed pods, they grow very quickly!! I have 2 white datura and they have put off tons of seeds, if you would like some PM me!

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Datura? Brugmansia?| Next thread: Datura problem! »
Back to Thread index